Hello! I'm Sona.
I'm a multidisciplinary experience designer based in Chicago. Eight years ago, I had the amazing opportunity to start my professional career at BBDO working in print, digital, tv, branding and packaging. Wanting to create work that positively impacts people and our communities, I was drawn to the ever changing and limitless world of digital focusing on user experience and interface design.
My traditional design foundation from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago & passion for conceptual work led to rewarding partnerships with global and local clients, helping them discover and define challenges, develop a strategy and lead design across a diverse range of projects.
Today, I design digital experiences and products at Rightpoint, and collaborate with awesome people. Outside of work, I love experimenting with side projects. See a few of my favorites below.
If you’d like to know more about me, my work or want to chat over good coffee, just send me a note. I’d love to hear from you!
Sr. Experience Designer (UI & UX), Rightpoint 2017 to Present
Sr. UI Designer 2015 to 2017
Responsible for design and user experience across various CRM (Sitecore, Episerver, Salesforce, SharePoint), iOS and Android projects.
- Led design for website, enterprise, digital workspace, app and e-commerce experiences
- Owning work from estimation, planning, discovery, experience and visual design through development oversight to launch
- Facilitated discovery workshops with clients
- Strong focus on client and cross-discipline collaboration
- Supported business development, internal growth and cross-geography integration efforts including: team mentorship, implementation of a new creative team knowledge share series, InVision, Zeplin and other enterprise tool integrations, brand & website redesign
- Initiated, led & managed the RIF Chicago website redesign through EPIC. Managed the client and EPIC relationships, assembled a team and managed the project through design and development, which received the Excellence in Social and Community Investment Award by Consulting Magazine
Interactive Art Director (Contract), Sapient Nitro 2014
UI and UX design for DeVry website and Cintas e-commerce portal redesigns
Art Director, Catapult Marketing 2013 - 2014
Concept development and design across in-store brand activation and shopper marketing for Wrigley Brands and Kraft Beverages including physical displays, campaigns, and advertising. Additionally, UX, UI and print design for a successful KitchenAid new business pitch
Jr. Art Director, Leo Burnett 2012
Art direction and design for in-store displays and advertising for Coca Cola
Jr. Art Director/Designer, Energy BBDO 2011 - 2012
Art direction, concept development and design across print, branding, digital and TV for Wrigley Brands, Art Institute of Chicago, SC Johnson, Frito-Lay, Bayer and an internal re-branding initiative
Design Intern, Ogilvie & Mather 2010
Art direction, design and photography support of print and digital materials for Tereasa Surratt
Excellence in Social & Community Award, Consulting Magazine
Stevie Gold for Best Interface Design
AIGA Snapshot 2012 (Curated Publication)
ADC Portfolio Night 8 Annual (Curated Publication)
Anna Louise Raymond Fellowship Recipient 2011
Merit Scholarship Recipient, SAIC 2007 to 2011
Interface & Experience Design
Web Usability & Accessibility
Client & Project Management
Abercrombie & Kent
Art Institute of Chicago
Art Institutes (Ai)
Bayer: One A Day
Reading is Fundamental, Chicago
Wilson Sporting Goods
Wrigley: Orbit, Juicy Fruit, Extra,
Eclipse, Double Mint, Skittles